The 35th Annual Ottawa Cardiovascular Research Day will celebrate the region’s research excellence through moderated oral presentations and poster sessions. It is an excellent venue for trainees to showcase their outstanding projects, hone their presentation skills, and network with faculty and colleagues.
This event is open to all cardiovascular research trainees in the Ottawa region and will be held in a virtual format.
Save the Date
May 15 & 16, 2023
Call for Abstracts
The Call for Abstracts is opening soon! Abstracts can be submitted in English or French.
We are very pleased to host Dr. Véronique Cornelissen as the event’s keynote speaker.
Event prizes recognize the best oral presentations and posters, and includes:
Ottawa Cardiovascular Region Trainee of the Year
Contact Research Services for nomination information.
Innovation Award Winner
For the most “innovative” abstract.
- Dr. Yves Marcel Award for the Best Basic Science Oral Presentation
- Honourable Mention for a Basic Science Oral Presentation
- Award for the Best Basic Science Poster
- Honourable Mention for a Basic Science Poster
- Polk Award for the Best Clinical Science Oral Presentation
- Honourable Mention for a Clinical Science Oral Presentation
- Award for the Best Clinical Science Poster
- Honourable Mention for a Clinical Science Poster
- Keynote lecture by Véronique Cornelissen, PhD, Associate Professor, Department of Rehabilitation Sciences, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Ottawa Region Trainee of the Year Lecture and other trainee awards
- Poster Swap Competition
- Oral presentations and moderated poster sessions
- Awards ceremony