We are the University of Ottawa Heart Institute.
We are Canada's largest and foremost heart health centre dedicated to understanding, treating, and preventing heart disease. We deliver high-tech care with a personal touch, shape the way cardiovascular medicine is practiced, and revolutionize cardiac treatment and understanding. We build knowledge through research and translate discoveries into advanced care. We serve the local, national, and international communities as we pioneer a new era in heart health.
We do extraordinary things extraordinarily well. Here are just a few examples:
- Caring for more than 200,000 patients each year
- Providing cardiovascular training to more than 100 physicians annually
- Setting new cholesterol standards for the country
- Causing the medical community worldwide to rethink how disease develops
- Launching a protocol that has cut deaths from heart attacks by 50%
- Discovering a gene that increases the risk for cardiovascular disease by 40%